Monday, December 16, 2013

Sickness and revisions...

Last Friday I started feeling ill.  At first it was just cold-like symptoms.  Runny nose, scratchy throat, etc.  My wife and I were also traveling to take part in a UNESCO International Family Dinner, so we were on the road.  I didn't think either would be a big problem.  I wrote most of what I posted for Friday before the dinner, thinking I'd just wrap things up later in the evening.  Usually I write before bed, so I thought I'd do the same that night.

But being sick and traveling had taken a lot out of me.  When my keyboard (bluetooth, for use with my iPad) was acting up, I just didn't have the energy to deal with it.  I posted an incomplete game for Friday.

That really killed a lot of my enthusiasm for the site, knowing that I'd let myself down and not really completed what I set out to do.  When I was even sicker on Saturday and Sunday, I couldn't find the willpower to force myself to the keyboard and make something happen.  Being creative just seemed like too much to ask of myself when even simple thoughts were difficult to tie together.  It didn't help that I didn't have caffeine for Sunday and most of today (Monday) because I'm very much an addict and I was dealing with an increasingly difficult headache.

Anyway, enough with the whining.  I'm three and a half days behind now and I've got to catch up.  I'm also recognizing that I've got to be realistic that there will be days like this weekend.  My solution going forward is this: I'm targetting 365 games this year.  I'm going to try and do them daily, but if circumstances prevent that I'll make it up.  Even better, once I catch up from this weekend I'm going to work ahead and schedule the posts to come up later so that I will still have a regular scheduled blog posting.

Back to work...

1 comment: